Sunday 8 September 2013

Blazer Obsessions

I don't know what it is, but I have recently found a secret obsession with blazers. I've never been a very formal type of dresser-as in, I like wearing my baggy t-shirts and a pair of motto jeans, whack on some boots and off I go. However, I never actually realised that you don't have to be wearing a 'full on' Office outfit or be a secretary to be able to pull off the Blazer look. The other day I put a blazer on over my jeans and a crop and it felt like I had been enlightened! The actual outfit worked and I loved it, so now to share my obsession with Blazers with you. Here are a few I have found (whilst scouting the internet) that I think would be a lovely addition to any wardrobe for the Autumn/Winter period coming up, so you can stay warm yet be fashionable at the same time without having to wear a 'sumo coat' or a massive scruffy jumper!

Blue Unfastened Cropped Blazer- River Island £35.00 
I am in love with this cropped blazer from River Island, so lovely and bright for the Autumn months but also can be easily worn in spring/summer. One of my favourite colours as well!
(I also love it in the pink/salmon colour)

Cream Jacquard Longline Blazer- River Island £40.00
Im not normally into metallic 'outer layers' however I love the style of this jacket as the metallic pattern kind of intergrates with the cream so it just adds another dimension rather than looking like wrapping paper haha! I love the fact it is long as well, it is quite a casual 'throw on' which is nice, its not too fitted either so it would be a comfy wear!

Blue Metallic Blazer-River Island £45.00
I also bloomin love this blazer, the fact it is dark but then also lightened by the metallic effect makes the style really indeering and im sure it would be very flattering too! I would not wear this with the button done up as that seems too formal (for me anyway) but as a simple blazer over a pretty vest and some jeans its an easy way to make an outfit look a bit more special!
Blue Polka Dot Blazer- River Island £20.00
I love the idea of this being a bit more 'funky' with a bold and bright pattern on it! Its a great colour too, im a true believer that bright blue can work with a very large amount of other colours like the monochrome however also bright colours like Orange!
Patch Print Blazer-Topshop £20.00
I loveeee this so much! Plain blazers can be so boring and majority of people have them as they are a must in pretty much every teenage/adult girls wardrobe as they are so flexible! So having a patterned one which is a bit 'out there' is probably quite rare and i think will speak volumes about the person that is wearing it! Id love one of these, shame Christmas is so far away!


All photos taken from River Island & Topshop online.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in total agreement with you - I have so many blazers in my wardrobe (both fitted and oversized) and my outfits always look better because of them! A must in anyone's wardrobe

    chaarellis@blogspot.co.uk
    mwah XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love them! Going to stock up this winter!xx

      Delete
  2. love a good blazer!

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete